Back on May 5, I posted about my girl friend’s job offer predicament. As of Friday May 24th, it is all resolved!
Note: If you didn’t ready the original post on the job offer predicament, this post probably won’t make a lot of sense to you.
In early May, my girl friend accepted the job from Company Y because they needed a decision and she never heard back from Company X. My girl friend was really nervous about this because she really wanted to get a job at Company X. However, she was able to push back her start date at Company Y until the end of May to buy herself some time. Roughly two days after she accepted the job from Company Y, she heard back from the hiring manager at Company X. As it turns out, HR dropped the ball with the internal posting and the job had to stay up for another 5 days. Needless to say, my girl friend was really frustrated by this.
After the internal posting went down at Company X, my girl friend got a call to come in for an interview on May 23rd. The interview went really well with HR and my girl friend decided to call Company Y that night and rescind her offer. This was a risky move on her part, but she was pretty confident she would get the job at Company X. Additionally, she felt really bad stringing Company Y along.
The next day, my girl friend got the call from Company X that she got the job!! In the end, everything worked out just how she hoped it would. She will start at Company X on June 20th. On a side note, we have been trying to plan a vacation, but didn’t know when she would be starting her new job. Now that we know her start date, we booked a trip to Aruba and we leave next week on June 5th! I will discuss that more in another post.
Image Credit: o5com